Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
DESCRIPTION / ACTION:
- Raises blood glucose level by promoting catalytic depolymerization of hepatic glycogen to glucose.
- Onset of action is 8 - 10 minutes.
- Hypersensitivity to the medication, Pheochromocytoma.
- Unstable hypoglycemic diabetics may not respond to Glucagon. Has a positive inotropic and chronotropic action on the heart.
- 1 mg IM AND refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosages.
- Refer to Handtevy System for pediatric specific dosages
- Premie - 4 y/o: 0.5 mg
- 5 years and older: 1 mg