Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Ipatropium Bromide (ATROVENT) / Bronchodilator
- Inhibits interaction of acetylcholine at receptor sites on the bronchial smooth muscle, resulting in decreased cGMP and bronchodilation.
- For the treatment of bronchospasm associated with chronic pulmonary disease, including asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.
- Hypersensitivity to Ipratropium Bromide, or to atropine and its derivatives. Not for use in CHF or cardiac asthma.
- Use with caution in patients with narrow angle glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy or bladder neck obstruction.
- 0.5 mg updraft AND refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosage.